[mythtv-users] ProgramInfo, Error: - should be local, but it can not be found

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 18:19:05 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Big Wave Dave <bigwavedave at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Ah, is this what's going on?
>>>
>>> OK, so this is the scte64scan think, correct? Are there instructions
>>> for 'rescannig'? I don't see anything here on that specifically:
>>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan
>>>
>>> I have to admit is scary to see my name on the sourceforge page and
>>> realize I just don't know how to use it. (I.e. - I think I can do the
>>> scan OK - I'll go get started, but how do I add it into the database
>>> where there is old information already? Does the command
>>>
>>> mysql mythconverg < vct.sql'
>>>
>>> write over the top and remove the old values that aren't good anymore?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> - Mark
>>
>> The update/rescan info is at the bottom of the readme file for scte65scan:
>> <snip>
>>
>> UPDATING MYTHTV WHEN THE VIRTUAL CHANNEL MAP CHANGES
>> NOTE: More updated documentation on usage with MythTV can probably be found
>> on the MythTV wiki.
>>
>> Cable providers are known to physically re-arrange channels from time
>> to time.  If the provider is using profile 2 of SCTE-65, there will be
>> a version number associated with each table and this number should change
>> when the table changes.  To update MythTV with these changes use:
>>        ./scte65scan -p -V your_VCT_ID -f4,2 itfile > myth-svct.sql
>>        mysql [-u user -p password] mythconverg < myth-svct.sql
>>
>> </snip>
>>
>> This was a little confusing for me, as I didn't initially understand
>> what the "itfile" was.  I ended up running:
>>
>> ./scte65scan -V 3065 -v -f4,2
>> us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > 20091001.a.sql
>>
>> The "4" means this is an update to a previous scan (use UPDATE instead
>> of INSERT on the database) and the "2" is the source-id.
>>
>> It does overwrite the select portions in  your database, so make sure
>> you have a good backup of your database prior to doing any of this
>> stuff.
>> Best of luck!
>>
>> Dave
>
> Thanks.
>
> OK, I seem to be recording. I see a data file with it's size growing.
> I'll have to get to somewhere where I can watch it to determine if
> it's the right channel. I guess the second question is how do I ensure
> that this update didn't wreck other channel setups? Do I have to do a
> recording on every channel and check them by hand?
>
> I'm curious - is there no way to determine before I lose recordings
> that Comcast has moved things? That seems sort of weak. Or is no one
> using Myth concerned about that?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

I personally compared my original scan (from months ago) with the new
one to see which changed.  I then spot checked by setting some
arbitrary recordings and checking MythWeb to see if it could generate
a thumbnail with anything other than a static/black image.  Also if
the the file size wasn't "B", then I knew  was in good shape.  It
wasn't the most efficient method, but I was working on it from the
office and "needed" it to be working before I got home that evening
(WAF).  I may have just been lucky, but everything went smoothly.
That evening I had about a dozen recordings spread across numerous
channels, and all were successful.

Dave