[mythtv-users] DB upgrade failure going from 0.21 to trunk

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 03:24:23 UTC 2009

Well, I was going to ask a question like this, until I finally ran
"mythbackend -v database", entered the failing mysql commands
manually, and realized that I was running out of disk space on the 4GB
USB flash drive that I was testing svn trunk on.  I guess it takes a
fair amount of temporary disk space for the step that looks for
corrupt database encodings.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised that the upgrade completed
automatically even though I hacked my 0.21 DB to get HD-PVR support.
Nice.

Jim