[mythtv-users] > 1TB Hard Drive Recommendations

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Sat Oct 3 17:10:12 UTC 2009

I recently tried to upgrade my storage with a Seagate LP 1.5TB hard
drive but it started failing almost immediately. Shortly thereafter my 6
month old 1TB western digital drive failed and I got a warranty
replacement from WD which started failing after 2 weeks (another
replacement is on the way). This experience and the problems I've seen
others have with Seagate drives makes me wary of buying more WD or
Seagate drives and thinking about trying other brands.

I'm looking for recommendations on which >1TB drives would be reliable
for mythtv storage.

Thanks

john