[mythtv-users] Latest Update Breaks Mythtv 9.04 / JYA Testing

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 01:52:31 UTC 2009

2009/10/4 Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz>:
> Did an update this morning which included NVIDIA 190.36 (seemed same for
> same!) and another NVIDIA file plus some other stuff....and....backend wont
> start now.
>
> mythbackend: error while loading shared libraries: libvdpau.so.1: cannot
> This is on Mythbunutu 9.04 using JYA Testing
>
> If this sounds like you too, might pay not to do any updates until someone
> can clarify what's happened here.

You probably updated right in the middle of a change...

http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Entries/2009/10/4_VDPAU_packages.html

Not all packages have finished recompiling unfortunately
In the mean time, to keep the existing packages working with the new
libvdpau, simply manually install libvdpau0

Now there is no need to have the release vs testing repository.
Release is all you need and you can use whichever nvidia driver you
want (180.60, 185.18.36 or 190.36) for both the 0.21-fixes and
0.22/trunk packages.

I slightly broke the compatibility with ubuntu/mythbuntu default
packages , but I believe the changes are worth it ... no more
dependency on specific nvidia drivers.

Jean-Yves