[mythtv-users] OT: Antec LCD/VFD display and Zotac ION

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 09:51:35 UTC 2009

2009/10/4 Dale Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net>:
> Phil Wild wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am working through installing a Zotac ION into my existing Antec
>> Fusion case. The LCD display appears to be powered by a 3pin cable
>> wired into the standard 24 pin atx power plug. I have an A series ION
>> that comes with the external power brick.
>>
>> The three pin connector has a black, red and purple wire connected
>> into the ground, +5V and +5VSB.
>>
>> Would anyone have any suggestion as to how I could get the display to
>> work? I don't care that I can not turn the unit on with the power
>> button on the remote, I just want the display?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Phil
>
> So you've got the power plugged in, I presume.  There should also be a
> USB connector, and possibly a molex power connecter, as well.  (I don't
> have the Zotac ION, just the VFD that came with the Antec Fusion, and
> that's what came with it.)  What other connectors do you have besides
> the 3-pin power cable?
>
> Dale

Hi Dale,

The display was a USB connector and a three wire cable that plugs into
three wires that come from the 24 pin ATX connector that comes with
the power supply in the Antec case. Ther is also the two wire power
switch connector so that the display can power on the motherboard.

As I have removed the Antec power supply from the case because the ION
board has its own power brick/DC supply I have nowhere to take the
feed from. I was thinking of running it from the hard drive connector
but am concerned about just doing this without a little bit of
additional knowledge.

Cheers

Phil