[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Mon Oct 5 13:40:39 UTC 2009

Neil Milne wrote:
> Yes - I normally just keep the channel names all-caps, too lazy to change.

I mung them, as I want to keep them in line with my Virgin Cable setup.

> I was left feeling doubtful that my recording rules would still work
> however, since I often specify 'record on this channel' and I noticed that
> mythweb had stopped reporting the channel name for the recording rules which
> used channel 5. I suspect this is because they are joined using the 'chanid'
> which seems to be assigned by mythtv during the scan process, rather than by
> callsign or channel number.
>
> Does anyone know if the backend is clever enough to reassociate rules where
> the chanid has vanished but the callsign is still around? I did see some
> denormalization in the record table so it may have that capability, but I
> didn't trust it so manually updated my database to sync up the new
> chanids...

If the "callsign" remains the same pre- and post-scan, then all should be well, I
believe. There is a column in the "record" table, I think called "station" which
maps to the callsign in the channel table.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts