[mythtv-users] how bets to get from mythTV/ubuntu 0.20/7.10 to current?

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Tue Oct 6 07:49:23 UTC 2009

Tom wrote:

> Thanks in advance for any insights! If it involves  a new mythbuntu
> install, and pulling the recordings over somehow, that's great!  Or if
> there's a better upgrade path, I'm all ears as well.

The current version of Mythbuntu is 9.04, with MythTV 0.21, and 9.10 is soon
to come out (with 0.22).

AFAIK, you will first need to upgrade from Ubuntu 7.10 to 8.04, then to
8.10, then to 9.04 (may be you can drop one 8.xx version, my googling didn't
return a clear answer on that).

It will take time, so plan accordingly (a couple of hours for each step,
with download and testing).

Yann