[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Oct 6 08:41:50 UTC 2009

Around about 02/10/09 19:37, Neil Milne typed ...
> I suspect a script using the tzap output to directly update the relevant
> fields would be better from this perspective, because it would preserve
> the chanid values.

   As promised, I've uploaded my script that processes the channels.conf to
the wiki:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Script_-_fix_UK_DVB-T_channels

   I, also, am wary of doing full rescans unless I *really* have to, for the
reasons I've listed on that link and for yours:  not wanting to stuff
recording rules by changing chanids.  In factm,I'll go and add that reason
in a mo.

   I think the script ought to be updated to use the callsign if the name
doesn't match;  I've seen mention that the callsign is what's set (and maybe
checked against) when doing a re-scan, but the whole point of my changing
the names is to get pleasant & legible ones on-screen, and ISTRT the
callsign appears more often than I'm happy with during normal use.

   Feedback and updates welcome, as usual.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature