[mythtv-users] It's back: mythbackend process just dies (likely EIT related)

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Oct 6 14:01:58 UTC 2009

On 6 Oct 2009, at 14:09, Marc Randolph wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> A group of users had this problem suddenly go away this summer on
> their 0.21 systems, but within the past few days (since the

I certainly had a lot of crashes last winter none for many months and
I've had three or four since the retune.

I wasn't aware of the threads mentioned in trac, I've blamed the Nova
T 500, drivers and or hardware and just put up with it.

> Anyone else seen this, or have ideas on how to further debug it?
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7251 has been opened to track this.

I have a spare system, currently running trunk from mythbuntu weekly
builds on Karmic Koala Alpha 6 to see how trunk is shaping up, it has
a HVR4000, haven't bothered to tune DVBT with it yet, it didn't work
out of the box and I haven't looked why yet. If there is any debugging
I can run that would be useful, let me know.

Andre