[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 9.10 slow UI

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Tue Oct 6 21:11:14 UTC 2009

I installed mythbuntu 9.10 beta to check out the new mythtv and I was
surprised at how slow the UI is. I experience 5-10s delays when changing
screens on the default theme. I saw some posts indicating that the theme
rescaling was slow the first time a screen was accessed but that it was
cached and subsequent accesses were much faster. That has not been my
experience. I see that the cache is filled but it still takes 5-10s to
access a previously accessed screen. What can I do to make the UI more
responsive?

John