[mythtv-users] Still tearing my hair out with Myth 0.21 on Fedora 11

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:22:43 UTC 2009

>  > > DataDirect: Deleting temporary files
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > What does all the above tell me? How do I get mythtv to scan
>  > successfully

The reference to DataDirect looks odd to me.  As far as I know that
refers to a North American listings source.

Also you mentioned selecting 'West Europe' in an earlier post, which I
think relates to analog channel tuning.  We're trying to get DVB
working here right?

Make sure your card is configured correctly at that you have correctly
connected the DVB input to your source.

You should go to the channel editor in mythtv-setup and delete all channels.

Then select Channel Scan and 'Full Scan'  selecting "UK".

Hopefully you will see channels being added in the background.

If this fails then I suggest selecting 'Full Scan (Tuned)'.  And
entering parameters for your transmitter that you can obtain using
dvbscan.  (I seem to recall from an earlier post that you have
successfully run dvbscan)

Good Luck