[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 9.10 / myth 0.22 & vdpau

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:20:03 UTC 2009

> However, I'm not sure I can do this .. the mythbuntu myth packages depend on
> nvidia-185-libvdpau.
>
> So, if I try to remove it (ready to execute the nvidia installer), the package
> system wants to remove all of myth :-(

Yeah this is a challenge. As I understand it the way they are packaged
you basically have to use the same version that the mythtv package was
compiled against. In Jean-Yves repository he has followed nvidia's
advice and made them separate so that you can switch drivers without
having to reinstall mythtv. He also has the all the recent nvidia
drivers there. You may want to give his repository a try:
http://avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html. He
basically follows mythbuntu with very minimal changes.