[mythtv-users] Where did mythcenter theme go in karmic?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 18:06:34 UTC 2009

2009/10/7 Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 9:49 AM, jansenj <jansenj+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If I have to give up on using mythcenter, the WAF goes lower since she is
>> the one who picked that theme and is now familiar with it.  What other
>> themes have a good WAF?
>>
> MythCenter, GANT, Iulius, Retro, Blue, and all the other "traditional"
> themes have been moved to the oldthemes repository in SVN, as none of
> them exists as they used to before.  They all have a main manu that
> looks as it always did, but every one falls back to the "default" and
> "default-wide" themes for the actual UI screens, and thuse don't have
> any unique screens any more-- That is to say, all of them will have
> their menu, and every other screen will look identical.  They will
> remain in oldthemes for .22, and if nobody steps forward and MythUI's
> them/rescues them, they will probably end up deleted for good after
> that.

I'm interested in maintaining mythcenter-wide going forwards, time and
energy permitting. We've been using it here for as long as I can
remember on our SDTV frontends, and I know a lot of other people use
it too. I'll need some time to get to grips with the new theming
techniques, but I'm interested nonetheless.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott