[mythtv-users] Jamu Interactive strangeness

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Wed Oct 7 22:42:24 UTC 2009

Stephen,
    I may be a little confused but I am answering your question assuming
you are trying to get the art work for a "FlashForward" recording e.g.
shows up in the Watch Recording screen. If I am wrong then my answer
does not apply.

    The jamu -MW option focuses solely on Scheduled and Recorded
programs. Jamu assumes that your programming data is generally accurate
and will match the data on TVDB for TV Series and TMDB for Movies. That
being said jamu -MW does not use the -I interactive mode. It "guesses"
when searching for a match against either TVDB or TMDB.

    Sometime the programming data does not match the metadata source for
example Schedule Direct has "the forgotten" and TVDB has "The Forgotten
(2009)". When this happens you need to set up a override in a jamu.conf
file. See the wiki and the jam-example.conf file for details.

I know what is specifically wrong with getting the art work for
"FlashForward". TVDB uses a mirror for their Web images and that mirror
site is not always in sync with the Web site. When that is the case the
actual URL to the graphics returns HTML rather than a graphic. If you
run your cron jamu job with -MWV (V for Verbose) and output to a log
file, you will see the mirror graphics that are broken. Below are the
ones that come up with issues for me. You will note all are new shows.
This situation is crazy enough that you can get a banner and not cover
art for the same show. The following are graphics issues from my own
-MWV cron runs:

A graphics file failed to be downloaded. A file issue or a corrupt
(HTML) file.(/media/virtual/MythTV_Storage/FanArt/FlashForward_fanart.jpg)

A graphics file failed to be downloaded. A file issue or a corrupt
(HTML)
file.(/media/virtual/MythTV_Storage/Posters/FlashForward_coverart.jpg)

The same is true for Eastwick and the forgotten.

As for the multiple "q" entries required in interactive (-MI) mode I
have seen this myself so am at a loss. So a run with -MIV and pastebin a
example that I can look analyse.

Thanks

Doug