[mythtv-users] Dual Tuner DVB-T PCI Express card now definitely working with Myth

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Oct 8 09:33:51 UTC 2009

On 7 Oct 2009, at 17:38, Another Sillyname wrote:

> I posted a message here a while back looking for a PCI Express card
> that had dual tuners and works under Linux and Mythtv.
>
> After a bit of research I can confirm from my own experience that the
> Hauppauge HVR-2200 works fully with both tuners and multirec under
> mythtv using either 32 or 64 bit.

Great news, does it use a USB subsystem like the Nova T 500 or is it a
"proper" tuner?

People keep asking me what's good to buy for MythTV and DVBT, I
hesitate to recommend the Nova T 500 due to it's many problems, mostly
usb related and the older Nova T is as deaf as a post. Would be great
to have something small and modern and well behaved, maybe I'll
replace my Nova T 500 although I should really wait for a DVBT2 card
to appear.

> It's a PCI Express x 1 card so doesn't take loads of room, however
> Hauppauge have become miserly gits as they ship it without a remote
> control (the old Nova 500 used to come with a remote).

Suits me, I have a drawer full of the things!

>  It comes with
> both a low profile and full height backplate.

Even better.

Andre