[mythtv-users] Dual Tuner DVB-T PCI Express card now definitely working with Myth

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 10:21:31 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk>wrote:

> On 8 Oct 2009, at 10:38, James Stembridge wrote:
>
>  2009/10/8 Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk>:
>>
>>> People keep asking me what's good to buy for MythTV and DVBT, I hesitate
>>> recommend the Nova T 500 due to it's many problems, mostly usb related
>>>

>> I haven't had a single problem with my Nova-T 500 for at least a year.
>>

> I bet you don't use EIT, they are ok now the drivers are better settled but
> I like systems that run without any attention or special care. Of the many
> friends and acquaintances that have MythTV I hear the most moans from
> NovaT500 and other USB stick users, especially if they have marginal signal
> strength.
>
> I've had two people ask me why I recommended it to them!
>
> Now it sounds like I'll be able to recommend something else, might order
> one this week, the only remaining slot in my MythTV server is PCIe x1. I
> suspect the Nova T 500 will behave if something else takes on EIT duties.
>
> Andre

We're using the Nova T500 under Mythbuntu 9.04 and they seem to be working
completely stable (apart from one issue where the firmware does not reload
on a 'warm' reboot). I do agree though that the T500 is not the most
'sensitive' of tuner cards and does not like anything but a perfect signal.

Andrew