[mythtv-users] Graphite theme slow in "Watch Recordings"

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 17:36:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/08/2009 10:17 AM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
>>
>> I see something similar, except that for me, Graphite and mythbuntu
>> are slow, and metallurgy and blue-abstract are fast, when moving
>> between recorded programs.  It doesn't matter whether I use the QT or
>> OpenGL painter.
>>
>> I watched the output of "top" while this was happening on the slow
>> themes.  Each time I moved to a different recording, the mythbackend
>> process would pop up.  I think it's being used to regenerate a preview
>> image for the recording, and apparently it's either not caching the
>> preview image, or not recognizing that the preview image is already
>> cached.
>
> Chances are you need to fix your system clocks.  Look for the big warning
> about differing times in your frontend log file.

What --verbose setting would I need to see these warnings?

Another related question.  I saw some discussion of putting image
image is loaded.  Yet this doesn't seem to be happening for these
preview images.  Even in the "fast" themes where moving between
recorded items is quick, there is still a 1-2 second delay on my
system, during which the UI is unresponsive, when mythbackend does
first-time generation of the preview image.  Is that the expected
behavior?

Jim