[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Video Acceleration Question (h.264)

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Thu Oct 8 17:46:36 UTC 2009

>On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Scott D. Davilla
><<mailto:davilla at 4pi.com>davilla at 4pi.com> wrote:
>

>Before anyone asks, no, you can't try/test this, the driver/libs
>required are not public yet. And that's what we are working toward,
>the process is slow as there is another player involved besides
>myself and Jarod. And no we can't mention the other player right now
>but it should be obvious.
>

>Any thoughts on a timeline, even rough? 6mo? 1year? I'd be
>interested in a solution using this stuff. An ATV with the HD
>decoder would be an awesome frontend.

Hard to estimate, we thought it would be public by now :) The wheels
turn slow when legalities are involved. Maybe a few more weeks, maybe
a month.

Remember, this is would be public appearance of the driver/lib.
Integration into a player would depend on the player developers and
their time line.

I'm point lead dev for XBMC (osx/linux/windows) integration and of
course would be more than willing to assist other app devs in
integration details to share what has been learned about working with
this device. I'm also the one doing the driver port to an OSX kext.