[mythtv-users] Serial STB Control oddness (directv.pl)

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Oct 8 20:07:40 UTC 2009

Hello,

   I just recently put a recorder online that is attached
to an HD DirecTV. Box. For the most part it is an identical
setup to another box I have. Although the models are slightly
diffferent. They are both HD.

   The peculiar bit is that I started having trouble tuning
the newer STB. So I beefed up my channel change script and
added some logging and it turns out that very frequently
I have to try twice to get the channel changed. Oh, this
script will be more persistent than that. Although I've only
seen that I need to retry it once.

   Has anyone else experienced other serial control oddities?

   Will MythTV retry on it's own if you generate useful error
codes?