[mythtv-users] SOLVED Re: --setwakeup changed between 0.21 and 0.22?

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Oct 8 23:30:23 UTC 2009

Petr Stehlik píše v St 07. 10. 2009 v 22:53 +0200:
> Hi,
>
> maybe I forgot some important information but since I have upgraded from
> 0.21 to pre0.22 I missed many recordings. It seems to be caused by the
> backend waking up a hour later than it's supposed to wake up after
> calling mythshutdown --wakeup xx:yy:zz

No, that was an unfortunate coincidence. In fact it either wakes up at
2:00 a.m. or never at all, seems like behaving randomly, for no apparent
reason. Took me two nights to figure it out: in myth-setup there is the
"Wakeup time format" and I have always had it set to

yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm

It's been working perfectly for last three (or even more?) years.

With upcoming 0.22 this stopped working. Debugging has shown that the
time format has to be different now (seconds must be there, too):

yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss

Otherwise (without the ":ss") the time portion of the date string is not
recognized, the wakeup time is set to 00:00 and subsequent mythshutdown
--shutdown recognizes this as either incorrect time (already passed) and
does not set the wakeup time in hardware at all or simply sets it at
00:00 GMT (which is 2:00 a.m. my local time).

BTW, in wiki http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythwelcome the time format is
most probably completely wrong (on the screenshot) but I am not going to
try that one.

I believe that this must have beaten others earlier because most MythTV
HOWTOs simply suggest to avoid the mythshutdown --setwakeup completely.
I guess they just couldn't get the timeformat right.

And the official documentation at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.5 is simply
outdated and does not mention mythshutdown at all.

Petr