[mythtv-users] Strange HD-PVR/DISH incompatibility in AC-3 mode

Oz ozdror at adelphia.net
Fri Oct 9 01:31:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

Every night my DISH box (VIP 211k) shutdown and Restarts at 3am (DISH
update)

Any recording done afterwards have Audio/video synchronization  issue in
AC-3 mode only.

Before 3am there is no problem.

I have to turn the HD-PVR OFF and then ON or change the  DISH tuner to
720p and then to 1080i to reset the system until the next 3am.

I have the later firmware including the latest update on the HDPVR. I
use mythbuntu 9.04 with mythtv 0.22

Any Ideas how to workaround this bug.

Is there a way to turn OFF/ON the HDPVR automatically at 3:30am The
HDPVR remote does not turn it ON/OFF.

-Thanks