[mythtv-users] Hulu releases Hulu Desktop for Linux

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 17:07:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> I use something called PlayON to access Hulu and a lot of other online
> programming sources. It exports them as a UPnP server.
>
> Having a UPnP renderer/control point in Myth would allow me to access Hulu
> and
> all the other sources PlayON makes available, how would this differ from
> the
> Hulu Desktop?, which would seem to be Hulu only?

Well, the biggest differences are:

1.  Vendor supported (Hulu isn't going to care if your PlayOn stops working)
2.  Does not require windows or other third party applications

I think that alone (plus supporting a company that supports Linux) would be
reason enough to use it if you watch Hulu content

Kevin