[mythtv-users] Mixing sources: Freeview & Freesat

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Fri Oct 9 17:35:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, October 9, 2009 4:01 pm, Ben Lancaster wrote:
> Hi list.
>
> Now that VDPAU is in good shape, I'm considering getting rid of one of my
> DVB-T Tuners and replacing it with a DVB-S/DVB-S2 tuner in order to pick
> up
> the HD channels on Freesat. How does the EPG display channels when you
> have
> two sources? Are they mixed together in a long list, or do I have to
> somehow
> "switch" sources in order to browse the Freesat list?
>
> Rationale: It's a while until the digital switchover happens in my area
> and
> I'm able to get Freeview HD broadcasts, but they'll all be DVB-T2 anyway,
> and there are no DVB-T2 cards available, let alone ones that work on
> Linux.
>
> Ta,
>
> Ben

Hi Ben,

    I have DVB-T and DVB-S and just edited the channel numbers/callsigns
and names of the satellite channels to match my DVB-T channels where
necessary. The Programme Guide displays them all in the same table.
Though you will need to configure different listings sources for each
(I pointed both sources at radio times).

Dave K.