[mythtv-users] Anyone have an IguanaIR Transmitter working with Dish?

Anthony Zawacki azmail at thezawackis.com
Fri Oct 9 22:37:41 UTC 2009

On 10/09/2009 10:49 AM, David Herman wrote:
> *The IguanaIR is the biggest waste of $50 I have ever spent. Ever since
> Ubuntu intredid, it would crash the USB bus on all 3 of my Linux boxes.
> I had to switch back to using a PVR150 to do my channel changing.*

I'm using CentOS 5.3 for my MythBackend, where I have had it reliably
controlling two dish receivers, one on remote channel 1, and other other
remote channel two, for more than a couple of years.  Has been working
great, though I am using a serial version, not a USB version.

I'm using this one:
http://iguanaworks.net/product2.psp