[mythtv-users] Watching HD Programs

Vidal Sainz vidal at lanwantech.net
Sat Oct 10 13:19:59 UTC 2009

I have an unusual problem watching HD content that I am hoping someone can
help me with.  I have 2 HD tuners in my mythtv box, an hd5500 and and
hvr-1600.  Whenever I use either of these tuners to record or watch a
program on ABC the audio is kinda choppy and the video seems to be playing
at a slightly slower speed than normal.  The funny part if that I can watch
the recorded programs on my PS3 via UPNP or on my PC using Mythtv Player
with absolutely no problem.  I dont have these problems with any other HD
channels.

I use to think this was due to lack of CPU but I have upgraded to a Dual
Core proc and added a second HD tuner, but am still having the problem.  I
have tried using all the Playback profiles and have had no luck correcting
this.  Hopefully someone out there has some idea of what could be wrong.

BTW...  I am using Mythtv .21 with a pretty recent build from SVN.  This
problem has also persisted through several SVN upgrades...