[mythtv-users] How do I use sudo to write to a root-owned file?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 15:16:36 UTC 2009

I am constantly amazed at the depth of my ignorance.  Sigh...

I am trying to run a script invoked by mythshutdown (running as lowly
user mythtv, uid 104 FWIW) which needs to write values to
/sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm in order to set the time the system
should wake up.  Is there a more direct way to accomplish this than to
create a script just for this and use sudo to invoke the script?

Craig.