[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA/CLE266 no longer supported? [was: Openchrome XvMC at >80% CPU after upgrade]

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 17:59:05 UTC 2009

2009/9/23 Paul Bender <pebender at san.rr.com>:
> Mache Creeger wrote:
>>
>> I have recently tried to load up current myth rpms with current Fedora 11
>> on my VIA EPIA M10K. The SD video with XvMC enbabled was slowmo with pauses.
>> DVD isos on xine with XvMC work just fine. I am at a loss on how to proceed.
>> While on Fedora and not Ubuntu I would be happy to work with you on this.
>
> This may be related to this bug report
> <http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6561>

interesting, i think this is the long standing bug i've had ever since
i upgraded fedora some time ago.
i've always assumed it was network related because my workaround that
appears to stop the periodic freezes is to start ip traf and then let
it do something like counting network traffic (interface statistics)

but since i did a "yum update" yesterday everything seems to have broken.
X doesn't display anything any more and i saw that it was updating the
openchrome drivers.

i'm considering abandoning my epia box for something else, too much
odd problems over the years i've had it.
not a big fan of via stuff.