[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA/CLE266 no longer supported? [was: Openchrome XvMC at >80% CPU after upgrade]

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 09:45:33 UTC 2009

2009/10/10 Torbjörn Jansson <torbjorn.jansson at gmail.com>:
> 2009/10/10 Mache Creeger <mache at creeger.com>:
>> Looking back on this thread, it seems that people are saying the problems
>> may go away with Fedora 12 and the 2.6.31 kernel.
>
> ok, good to know.
> now i just have to figure out why my epia m1000 box broke after the
> latest "yum update"
> any good documentation for how to setup the openchrome drivers and
> xorg.conf for it?
> forgot where it was and i need to go thru the config and check if
> there is anything in it that's broken.

first problem fixed, i recreated xorg.conf and now i get X displayed
properly with mythfrontend.
i still have the periodic lockups but  those is easily worked around
by just opening iptraf as before.

so now its no worse than before and i guess i'll have to wait for the
2.6.31 kernel to see if that fixes the remaining problem