[mythtv-users] Migrating recordings to a NAS

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sun Oct 11 10:21:53 UTC 2009

OK, I'm starting to get an idea about how I can get this to work, which I'll
detail here if I ever do get it together.

A quick query about Auto-expire: My understanding is that the auto-expire
thread runs every couple of minutes, at least every 3 minutes and at most
every 15. So if I have my auto-expire set to preserve, say, 5GB of free
space, and I copy something to the drive myself which pushes the stored data
past that threshold, recordings should get deleted in accordance with
auto-expire after 15 minutes, regardless of whether I've scheduled anything
to record there. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Chris Kerr