[mythtv-users] mythcal - script for synchronising MythTV recording schedule to a Google calendar

Richard Fearn richardfearn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 20:59:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

> You can also do this with for Upcoming Recordings via MythWeb

How does it work? I can't find any instructions for doing it. Is it
built in to the standard MythWeb?

> if you apply this patch:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7270

The patch doesn't seem to work for me... maybe just a temporary
problem with Trac...

> Just make sure your ICS files are accessible to Google over the
> intartubez.

That is an advantage of the mythcal script - the programmes are pushed
out to the Google calendar, rather than pulled by Google, so the
MythTV server doesn't need to be accessible over the internet.

Thanks,

Rich