[mythtv-users] Cutlist in MythVideo?

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Mon Oct 12 08:04:00 UTC 2009

Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> I was thinking of trying to consolidate my movies recorded from the
> HD-PVR into the MythVideo area.  Some of the recorded movies have
> commercial breaks.  All of them have junk at the beginning to skip
> over.  I can create cutlists in the Recordings area, but these don't
> apply to a movie copied over to the MythVideo area.  I can't remove
> the junk permanently since lossless transcoding isn't supported for
> HD-PVR recordings.
If you search the list for Editing/transcoding HD-PVR you'll find a way
to cut junk at start and end.
Search for cutlist to ogg chapter file and you'll find a way to create a
mkv muxed with chapters, which you can use as it where chapter selection
from a DVD. Works perfect. You probably need mplayer for playing, I
don't know if internal works.