[mythtv-users] Recent bad HDHR recordings

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Oct 12 13:42:33 UTC 2009

At 2:06 PM -0700 10/10/09, Mark Knecht wrote:
>It seems that over the last week or two CBS on Comcast here in 95032
>has made a couple of bad recordings. Possibly low signal levels or
>something like that? The recording typically looks like a mostly green
>screen with about 205 on the right in gray. Audio is perfect through
>the whole problem areas. The picture will come and go. Eventually it
>comes back and everything is fine. This happened on Letterman maybe a
>week ago and on Numb3rs last night.

Sort of sounds like what some people with the bad wall warts were
experiencing. Is yours one of the ones that merits a free
replacement? If you never got it replaced, this might be the reason.
Try searching the archives for the URL on SiliconDust's site.

(I had problems with my first one, but different from this.)