[mythtv-users] Myth on WD HDTV Media Player for $99

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Mon Oct 12 14:12:20 UTC 2009

Brian Wood [beww at beww.org] wrote:

> There have also been posts about video files that can be played flawlessly by
> a Sigma-based machine that Myth barfs on. I'm not saying this is Myth's
> fault, or VDPAU's, or nVidia's, or anyone else's, just pointing out that some
> people are having this sort of problem.

I'm one of these people.  I bought an ION a few months ago, and it
works great, except that Myth (with or without VDPAU)and XBMC,
mplayer, etc barf on about 1/2 my HD recordings due to my local
broadcasters using advanced MPEG2 telecine settings on their encoders.
The same files play just fine on ION in 7MC, and also on a Sigma
device.  I just wish I could get somebody interested in fixing it...

Drew