[mythtv-users] Cutlist in MythVideo?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:38:28 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 1:04 AM, belcampo <belcampo at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> Jim Stichnoth wrote:
>>
>> I was thinking of trying to consolidate my movies recorded from the
>> HD-PVR into the MythVideo area.  Some of the recorded movies have
>> commercial breaks.  All of them have junk at the beginning to skip
>> over.  I can create cutlists in the Recordings area, but these don't
>> apply to a movie copied over to the MythVideo area.  I can't remove
>> the junk permanently since lossless transcoding isn't supported for
>> HD-PVR recordings.
>
> If you search the list for Editing/transcoding HD-PVR you'll find a way to
> cut junk at start and end.
> Search for cutlist to ogg chapter file and you'll find a way to create a mkv
> muxed with chapters, which you can use as it where chapter selection from a
> DVD. Works perfect. You probably need mplayer for playing, I don't know if
> internal works.
>>
>> For the HD-PVR recording to work at all under MythVideo, I first have
>> to run "mythcommflag --video /path/to/file.mpg" to get a valid
>> seektable.  I thought to try adding the cutlist as well to the video
>> file by extracting the cutlist from the original recording
>> (mythcommflag --getcutlist --file /path/to/original/file.mpg), and
>> adding it to the new video file (mythcommflag --video
>> /path/to/file.mpg --setcutlist xxx), but mythcommflag doesn't like
>> that.
>>
>> If the cutlist were actually present in the database along with the
>> seektable, would the Internal player obey it under MythVideo?  Can
>> someone give the sql command to try?  (I know the risks, but this
>> would be just on my test system.)

I *really* want to continue using the Internal player everywhere
possible, to maintain a consistent user interface and avoid lowering
the WAF.

In any case, I looked into this further myself, and found that the
Internal player does indeed honor the cutlist in MythVideo.  I was
able to modify mythcommflag to do the reasonable thing when --video is
used along with --getcutlist, --clearcutlist, and --setcutlist.

Jim