[mythtv-users] cant get mysql to work

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Oct 12 23:43:33 UTC 2009

Tim Urben wrote:
> I have mysql and mysql server installed.. I have mythtv installed but it
> says It cannot connect to mythconverg database.
>
> I checked to see which databases were on my computer and mythconverg
> isn't one of them.
>
> Please forgive me if this is all basic stuff, I am new to linux and
> trying to pick it up..
>
> I am running Fedora 11

Need more info about how you got to where you are/aren't.
If you installed .21 from atrpms, then it should have set up the
database as part of the install.

If you installed .22 and compiled from svn, then you have to get your
hands dirty, and 'pick it up yourself'

Don't worry, there have been at least a couple of thousand innocents
before you (including me!). The documentation and the wiki both cover
how to do this and the list archive at gossamer-threads is searchable.

Geoff