[mythtv-users] cant get mysql to work

Tim Urben j.stack746 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 00:44:12 UTC 2009

I tried it and got this

[root at htpc ~]# /sbin/chkconfig mysqld on
[root at htpc ~]# /sbin/service mysqld start
Starting MySQL:                                            [  OK  ]
[root at htpc ~]# mysql -u root mysql
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
[root at htpc ~]#