[mythtv-users] Fans

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 02:02:56 UTC 2009

> My last fan purchase was a Scythe product, using the Sony fluid
> dynamic bearing technology under license.  Would be interesting to see
> a comparison of the technologies.

Yeah I have been looking at the Scythe S-FLEX fans with those
bearings. They seem to be well received and they are a little bit
cheaper than the Noctua fans. Brian, I am curious on what metric you
were recommending the Rotron and Papst fans. They do seem a little
pricey and their specs seem like they are louder than the Scythe or
Noctua fans would be for the same amount of air flow. So is it a
matter of the specs not representing real world performance. Or do you
prefer those brands for the durability or some other metric?