[mythtv-users] volume osd won't go away

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 13 15:38:57 UTC 2009

On 10/13/2009 10:46 AM, jansenj wrote:
>> Not only have I not seen this, but BlackCurves' volume display is in
>> the bottom center.  It sounds an awful lot like your volume control is
>> also setting off a system tray volume control, and that's what you are
>> seeing.
> That would make sense.  What's weird though is that it goes away if I exit
> the recording, then start it over.  It then comes back sometimes once I
> start skipping through commercials again.  I'll see if there is a volume
> package that is misbahaving, but I wonder if there is any possibility it
> could be a result of myth doing something different to the audio system
> now.  Is it possible they temporarily mute the volume when you start
> skipping through audio to avoid loud spikes?

That's exactly how Myth quiets audio when forwarding/rewinding--however,
it doesn't display the OSD when doing so.

Note, also, that if you have PulseAudio installed and running (i.e.
because your ALSA default device has been redefined to use Pulse), it
will cause "strange issues"--Myth does not support the use of PulseAudio.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/397932#397932

Mike