[mythtv-users] Fast forward question

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:26:24 UTC 2009

In Mythbuntu 9.0.4 is it possible to configure the fast forward to play
at an 2x or 4x speed? Mine skips in 30 second increments which usually
is fine but every now and then I'd like to watch at high speed. Ideally,
I'd like to be able to choose between skipping 30 seconds ahead and
playing at double speed right on the remote. (Not to be confused with
the jump forward and back buttons which jump in 15 minute increments.)

I've looked through quite a few wiki pages and searched the gossamer
threads and I see people talk about "skip" and "fast forward" and it
seems like these terms often get used interchangeably...
I'm not running trunk or fixes, just what's on the Mythbuntu 9.0.4 cd.