[mythtv-users] Fancontrol with replaced CPU fan

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 17:37:26 UTC 2009

> Are you able to contact the heatsink / fan supplier? I have had Asus
> send me one and Antec send me two replacement fans for free after
> I told them they became noisy. One on a video card, and two on
> external hard disk enclosures. Maybe other suppliers will be as nice.

Thanks, Mark! I am so used to things failing right after their
warranty expires that I don't even think about going to the
manufacturer first. I got a hold of AMD and they are shipping me a new
heat sink. Apart from the fan failing, the stock heat sink has been
fine for my system. And it is tough to compete with free. Thanks for
all of the discussion. The whole 3-pin vs 4-pin fan and PWM has been a
little bit of a mystery to me but I think understand what is going on
pretty clearly now.