[mythtv-users] volume osd won't go away

Matthew Zimmerman mzimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:05:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Note, also, that if you have PulseAudio installed and running (i.e.
> because your ALSA default device has been redefined to use Pulse), it
> will cause "strange issues"--Myth does not support the use of PulseAudio.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/397932#397932

Not to hijack the thread, but I recently was experiencing some audio
popping under Mythbuntu when using the spdif out on my motherboard
(through an Nnvidia card doing hdmi).  I saw a couple posts on general
forums of how PulseAudio can fix that issue as it doesn't need to
open/close the sound card each time.  I was wondering why PulseAudio
didn't exist in Mythbuntu... I installed it and had some problems,
which I would have pulse was bad for Myth earlier.  Maybe I should
RTFM :)

Matt