[mythtv-users] mythshutdown on a slave backend

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Oct 14 18:10:28 UTC 2009

I have a MBE that I want to run all the time, since it's also my
network router. It contains the storage, MySQL, and is responsible
for most of the recording, via a HDHR.

I also have a SBE. It is directly attached the TV and has two PVR-x50
cards in it. These are only rarely used for recording.

I'd like to suspend the SBE when it's idle, to conserve power. I have
the mechanics of doing this working fine, the problem is knowing when
it's possible to do so.

If I run "mythshutdown -s" (0.22-fixes) on the SBE, it seems to ask
the MBE when shutdown is possible, which is not what I want; the
value it returns seems to consider ALL recordings, not just the ones
that are coming up on the SBE, itself.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?