[mythtv-users] UI feedback in 0.22

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Oct 15 12:12:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 03:22 -0700, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> Preview generation is a separate issue (btw, thanks mdean for the
> r22456 commit!).  While you're waiting for preview images to be
> generated, at least you can see that you're at the Recordings page.
> The problem I'm talking about is a multi-second delay going from the
> main menu page to the Recordings page, in which it appears that you're
> still stuck at the main menu page.  It wasn't a problem in 0.21
> because the text on the main menu page would be erased while the
> Recordings page was being rendered.  I hope that's a clear enough
> explanation.

I understand the issue and we made some effort to address it for 0.22.
This screen needed to be largely rewritten to port it to MythUI, so
correctness was of larger importance than responsiveness. Because of
the flexibility offered to MythUI themes for the watch recordings
screen, more data is loaded than in 0.21 and we have not yet made a
number of anticipated speedups. Going forward I anticipate there will
be more on-demand loading, and themes that load a lot of data and need
high end processors and themes that load less data and will be less
processor intensive than even 0.21 was.

-- Daniel