[mythtv-users] XBMC questions

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Fri Oct 16 05:03:25 UTC 2009

> I'm in that category too. I use XBMC for everything except live TV. I
> even have a script that cuts commercials from recordings and moves
> them into the XBMC database. I think, though, that once MythUI takes
> off, that will change. XBMC currently has Myth beaten hands down in
> the UI department, but like I said, the playing field will soon be
> leveled, I think.
>
> I use an RF keyboard so no lirc here. I compile Myth and XBMC from
> source, though I am running it on Ubuntu.

Personally, I do not like the XBMC UI.  The default theme and browse mode do
not display well on my SD television set.  The UI on .21 isn't the flashiest
thing out there, but it gets the job done.  Both my wife and four year old
can get Myth to do what they want as well.

I'm hoping the .22 interface doesn't forget about those of us that haven't
invested in HD yet.
-Mark