[mythtv-users] Text lengths

Peter Lord peter at plord.co.uk
Fri Oct 16 18:00:11 UTC 2009

On Friday 16 Oct 2009 18:18:00 Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/16/2009 03:29 AM, Peter Lord wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 Oct 2009 23:24:48 Michael T. Dean wrote:
> >> The font server DPI could be set by anything from Xft.dpi (in your X
> >> resources file(s)) to fontconfig.
> >
> > I don't have a font server (xfs) running.
>
> But you are using fontconfig/freetype.

Ah ... I don't think I have anything set here :-

$ xrdb -display :0 -query
Xcursor.size:   24
Xcursor.theme:  Human
Xcursor.theme_core:     true
Xft.antialias:  1
Xft.hinting:    1
Xft.hintstyle:  hintslight
Xft.rgba:       none

>> Also, since the blootube* themes use Bitstream Vera Sans, you need to
> >> have the Bitstream fonts installed.  IIRC, current *buntu is (and
> >> possibly other distros are also) installing DejaVu, instead, so if
> >> they're not providing a proper fontconfig replacement, you'll get some
> >> other (likely very-wrong) font, which could cause issues.
> >
> > I did come across
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/396841 - sounds like
> > Bitstream Vera Sans should have been removed from the themes.
>
> No, it was removed from the non-legacy themes.  You're using a legacy
> theme that no one has taken the time to redo.

Oh, okay.

I have installed "blue-abstract" and get the same effect ... ie I see "Please
W..."

Cheers,

Pete