[mythtv-users] Zotac ION + NTP clock too fast?

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:14:56 UTC 2009

I've noticed my Zotac IONITX-C frontend is configured to use 3 NTP servers,
but it's time is increasing too quickly.  Last night, I disabled NTP, ran
ntpdate a few times, verified it was the same time as my MBE, then started
NTP again.  By this morning, it was 3 minutes ahead.  Has anyone else
noticed their ION box running too fast?

The ION is PXE-booting Fedora 11 i386 and NFS mounting root over NFS.  The
/var/lib/ntp/drift file is part of the host-specific snapshot directory and
is writable.  I've not yet enabled ntpd debug messages to see if I can
narrow down the problem.  Thanks for any feedback.

/Brian/