[mythtv-users] 0.22 Release Candidate 1 available

Eric Holt ericsh at wvcom.net
Sat Oct 17 01:17:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net>wrote:

> The download links are in the announcement: http://www.mythtv.org/

Wanted to give my "me too" thanks to the developers!  Great work getting us
to this point, everyone!

My current myth box is Slackware 12 based, which has KDE3/Qt3 stuff in it.
Slackware 13 is out now, and instead of trying to get all of the proper Qt4
stuff all up on Slack12, and surely breaking crap in the process, I am going
to re-build my Myth box around Slack13 soon.  Been wanting to do it anyway,
so this gives me a good excuse.

In the interim, I installed Slack13 in a virtual machine, so I could know
exactly what all dependencies I had to resolve beforehand, to get Myth to
compile properly from SVN.  Luckily, there are a lot fewer things I had to
install on Slack13 to get Myth to compile than I did on Slack12.  Within
just a couple of hours of creating the VM, I had the release candidate
downloaded, compiled and installed.

I don't record much on Saturday's, and nothing of importance on Sunday's
until late Sunday night... so I'm putting together my "plan" and this is
probably going to be my Saturday project.  Shouldn't take very long, but
want to give myself plenty of time incase any "gotchyas" popup ;)

Anyway... Again... Thanks for all your hard work, it is GREATLY appreciated!
--Eric