[mythtv-users] ui problem

BP lists at qucae.com
Sat Oct 17 06:28:48 UTC 2009

Josh White wrote:
> I'm not sure if this has been covered, and I'm not sure how to search
> for it if it has (though I'm sure someone will point it out if it has
> been discussed), I just upgraded my 4 frontends to .22 using
> Mythbuntu/Ubuntu, and I seem to have a common problem among all of
> them.  All of the setup menus are nearly impossible to navigate.  While
> using arrow keys to move from one field/button to another works, there
> is no visible indication of where the cursor is.  For example, if I'm in
> the "General Playback (1/9)" screen, I cannot tell visually if I have
> "Cancel" "< Back" "Next >" or any of the check boxes selected.  The only
> thing I can see is if I have check box toggled or not.  I've tried using
> different themes, OpenGL and QT paint engines, and I've tried different
> Qt styles, and nothing seems to make a useful difference.
>
> I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I did a dis-upgrade to take my
> ubuntu/mythbuntu 9.04 AMD64 machines to 9.10, so I suppose it could be
> some legacy setting causing a problem.
>
> Any ideas?

Same problem here (yeah, a me too post).  I have resorted to counting
clicks and reading the help text at the bottom to figure out where I'm
at.  My LCD tv is not nearly as bad as my HD RPTV.  Everything looks
fine on a computer monitor.  I'm using Ubuntu (9.04) as well.

In a real pinch, I can configure things through VNC on my laptop.