[mythtv-users] easy accessing (recorded) show's summary?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Oct 17 08:34:54 UTC 2009

Ma Begaj wrote:
> 2009/10/16 David Segall <david at segall.net>:
>
>> Ma Begaj wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When I open recorded screen, the summary of the show's content is
>>> often much longer than the area on the screen and the text is cut off.
>>>
>>> I was never able to find some kind of one-button-shortcut to view the
>>> whole show summary.
>>>
>>> Do you know some shortcut? Thanks.
>>>
>> It is "U" on the keyboard <http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html>.
>> You may have to configure your remote accordingly.
>>

> Thanks.
>
> Do you maybe know what to modify to make fonts larger in this summary window?

There are ZOOMIN and ZOOMOUT keybindings to do that IIRC they are '<'
and '>' by default or press MENU and change the zoom level from the
popup menu. The level will be saved when you exit the screen and is
reused when you re-enter it.

The keybinding to show the program details is the 'Details' binding in
the 'TV Frontend' context. I change it to 'W' so it's just on less
button to find on my remote since 'W' is already used elsewhere. Most
screens now have popup menus for easy access to many things like this
although that does require a few more key presses but does mean you
don't have to remember obscure key binding like 'U' to show program details.

Paul H.