[mythtv-users] How do I shutdown mythbuntu 9.04 FE without keyboard and mouse?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:39:01 UTC 2009

Just to close the loop on this for future reference, I got things
working the way I wanted.

As Another Sillyname advised, I needed to tweak the setting in
mythfrontend to include the shutdown option.

I also found that:

1) mythwelcome needed to have the shutdown command run via sudo,
2) the sudo options file (sudoers) needed to have both the default
user account (the one that runs mythfrontend and/or mythwelcome)
_and_ the mythtv account [note: I'm running mythbuntu 9.04] granted
NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown privileges

before mythfrontend and mythwelcome could each successfully shut down
the front end.

Craig.